What’s included, and other important information
- Access to the building is available Monday to Friday from 08:00-18:00. We are normally closed on Saturdays and Sundays for holding exams, however if you need access for specific business purposes please discuss it with us and we will try to accommodate you.
Meeting Room Times
- Half-days are from 08:30-13:00 or 13:00-17:30 (4.5 hours per session) and full days from 08:30-17:30 (9 hours per session).
- If you book a room by the hour we will round up your time to the nearest half-hour.
- The front reception desk is manned during all open hours for your convenience and security and is included in your room rates.
- If you are expecting visitors please let reception know in advance and we will look after them, and inform you, on their arrival.
Food & Drink
- Hot and cold drinks are included in your room rates, and although you can help yourself whenever you want, we expect you to respect ‘reasonable usage’ rules.
- We can arrange a finger buffet lunch for a minimum of 8 people. The cost is £10 per person. Please speak to reception.
- You are welcome to bring your own food into Kingsway House to eat in the communal area, outside in the garden or in your room.
- Please take care to avoid spillages, and please be mindful of other users in not bringing ‘powerful aromas’ into the building.
- Please return all glasses, cups, plates and cutlery to the kitchen at the end of the day for staff to place into the dishwasher.
Internet and Wi-Fi
- The building is served by a 100Mbps up/down lease line uncontended internet connection. There are network points around the building where you can plug in to achieve near these speeds.
- You can bring your own network cable or you can buy one from reception for £5. We do not have cables available for lending (sorry).
- The Wi-Fi network runs at approximately 40Mbps up/down but this is dependent on the number of users in the building to a certain extent.
- We do not and cannot guarantee the internet / Wi-Fi connection to any greater extent than BT do themselves as we are dependent upon them for the service.
- We do not and cannot accept any responsibility for the failure of the internet / Wi-Fi connection whether direct or consequential loss ensues.
- There is on-street parking to the front of the building in Foregate Street, limited to 45 minutes.
- Limited on-site pre-booked parking is available at £5 per day. [Why do we charge for parking?] It is essential to book this with reception at least the day before you require it as we are limited to 11 spaces.
- If you park on-site without pre-booking we will ask you to move your car.
- There are several public car parks close by so parking is usually quite easy, and just a few minutes’ walk from Kingsway House. Please see https://www.worcester.gov.uk/parking/parking-sites for more information. The most convenient car park is in Taylors Lane, directly opposite our front door in Foregate Street. Post code WR1 1PN. You can pay by phone.
- For your satnav the post codes are WR1 1EE for the front of the building (Foregate Street) and WR1 3BH for the rear (Farrier Street).
- We are located 150 metres north of Worcester Foregate Street train station – approximately 2 minutes’ walk.
- We are located 800 metres from the CrownGate Bus Station and some buses drop off outside the train station on their way through.
- Arriving by public transport is very easy and efficient if you have delegates arriving from afar.
- Ad-hoc occasional printing and photocopying in A4 monochrome is free of charge. Often you need a quick copy of something, so we are happy to oblige.
- For regular larger jobs a photocopying/printing service is available from reception at a charge of 10p for monochrome or 20p for colour A4, or 20p monochrome / 40p colour for A3. Please speak to reception.
Storage and Security
- The building is protected by code locks and CCTV, monitored by reception during open hours and recorded 24/7.
- Not all of the meeting room internal doors are lockable, so please make provision to safeguard or take your valuables with you if you leave your room.
- You may leave valuables at reception for short periods if required.
- If you are renting a room over several days you are welcome to leave your belongings in your room overnight at your own risk.
- If you take a serviced office we will discuss with you your security needs and arrange for your office(s) to be lockable if required
- Wheelchair Access is available from the Farrier Street entrance.
- Rooms 11, MO (Middle Office) and 12, plus toilets and public rooms are accessible to wheelchair users.
- All other rooms are on 1st or 2nd floor with stair access only.
- Due to the nature of the business of the owners of Kingsway House VAT is not applicable and Worcester Business Services Limited is not registered for VAT. Should this situation change we reserve the right to add VAT at the prevailing rate. We will endeavour to give our customers as much notice as possible.